- Oct 4th, 2015 - Basketball Week 1
- Oct 4th, 2015 - Basketball Pictures
- Oct 11th, 2015 - Basketball Week 2
- Oct 18th, 2015 - Basketball Week 3
- Oct 24th, 2015 - Bakersfield Buddy Walk 2015- LoD will see you there!
- Oct 25th, 2015 - Basketball Week 4
- Nov 1st, 2015 - Basketball Week 5
- Nov 1st, 2015 - Daylight Saving Time ends
- Nov 8th, 2015 - Basketball Week 6- Final Week of Games and Trophies Awarded!
- Nov 14th, 2015 - 3rd Annual Autism on the Run
- Nov 26th, 2015 - Thanksgiving Holiday- LoD Offices Closed
- Dec 5th, 2015 - 2nd Annual Breakfast with Santa
- Dec 24th, 2015 - Christmas Holiday- LoD Offices Closed
- Jan 1st, 2016 - New Year's Day- LoD Offices Closed
About League of Dreams
The League of Dreams is a non-profit sports league for children with disabilities ages 5 to 22. We provide baseball (spring), bowling (summer) and basketball (fall). We also offer swim lessons. Thanks to the support of our many donors and community members we have been able to make the League of Dreams programs free. To qualify, the child must have an IEP on file with the school or have a medical diagnosis from a licensed physician.
league of dreams mission
The mission of the League of Dreams is to work towards fulfillment of our motto: "Every child should have the chance to play!" Therefore our mission is to provide sports training, team camaraderie and competitive sporting opportunities for athletes with disabilities.
news & press
- Kenny Fulkerson Named Athlete of the Week
Kenny Fulkerson was named Kern Sports' Athlete of the Week. Kenny not only bowled a 98, but infected everyone with his sparkling smile and friendliness. Kenny is diagnosed with hypoplastic left heart and chronic lung disease, and had a complete AV canal repair when is was younger. Kenny is vent dependent, but does not stop this little guy! Congratulations Kenny!
- Baseball 2014 Opening Day
On Sunday, March 16, 2014, the League of Dreams kicked off their 8th season of baseball with Opening Ceremonies at Fruitvale Norris Park. KGET-17's Paul Harris was there for all the events and his story can be read through the link.
Brent Morel's Charity
Brent Morel, Bakersfield native and 3rd baseman for the Pittsburg Pirates, named the League of Dreams his official charity in 2010. Morel, a graduate from Centennial High School, grew up playing baseball on the fields at Fruitvale Norris Park where the League of Dreams accessible field, Abilities Field, is located. Morel played baseball at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, and in the Chicago White Sox organization before he moving to Pittsburgh.
With the love for the game, Morel wanted to give back, and allow the kids that normally wouldn't have a chance to play, an opportunity to experience what he got to as a child. Morel hosts an annual Gala event in January which serves as the primary fundraiser for the league and has allowed every child to play for free.
For more information on how to get involved, call 661.616.9122