- Mar 10th, 2014 - Baseball Team Parent and Coaches Meeting
- Mar 16th, 2014 - Baseball Opening Day
- Apr 1st, 2014 - 2014 Bowling Registration
- Apr 17th, 2014 - Board Meeting
- May 10th, 2014 - Bowling Late Registration
- May 19th, 2014 - 5th Annual League of Dreams Golf Tournament
- May 20th, 2014 - Bowling Team Parent and Coaches Meeting
- Jul 1st, 2014 - 2014 Basketball Registration
- Aug 23rd, 2014 - Basketball "Try-Outs"
- Aug 24th, 2014 - Basketball Late Registration
- Sep 15th, 2014 - Basketball Team Parent & Coaches Meeting
- Sep 21st, 2014 - 2014 Basketball Kick Off
- Oct 16th, 2014 - Board Meeting
About League of Dreams
The League of Dreams is a non-profit sports league for children with disabilities ages 5 to 22. We provide baseball (spring), bowling (summer) and basketball (fall). We also offer swim lessons. Thanks to the support of our many donors and community members we have been able to make the League of Dreams programs free. To qualify, the child must have an IEP on file with the school or have a medical diagnosis from a licensed physician.
league of dreams mission
The mission of the League of Dreams is to work towards fulfillment of our motto: "Every child should have the chance to play!" Therefore our mission is to provide sports training, team camaraderie and competitive sporting opportunities for athletes with disabilities.
news & press
- 2013 Baseball Opening Day
The League of Dreams has kicked off the 2013 Baseball season. With over 200 kids, the baseball season is already a huge hit! Read the article from the Bakersfield Californian from Sunday, April 7.
- Morel helps make Dreams come true
The Bakersfield Californian reports that Brent Morel helps make dreams come true at Abilities Field located at Fruitvale Norris Park
- White Sox's player visits League of Dreams
Chicago White Sox's third baseman Brent Morel came to Bakersfield and visited Abilities Field, the league baseball diamond located at Fruitval Norris Park. It is the park where Morel grew up playing baseball. See the story brought to you by KERO 23
Brent Morel's Charity
Brent Morel, Bakersfield native and 3rd baseman for the Chicago White Sox, has named the League of Dreams his official charity. Morel, a graduate from Centennial High School, grew up playing baseball on the fields at fruitvale Norris Park where the League of Dreams new field, Abilities Field, is located.
With the love for the game, Morel wanted to give back, and allow the kids that normally wouldn’t have a chance to play, an opportunity to experience what he got to as a child. Morel hosts an annual Gala event in January which serves as the primary fundraiser for the league and has allowed every child to play for free.
For more information on how to get involved, call 661.616.9122